Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Elder Kiefer Halterman in Houston, TX-November 4, 2013

Well this last week was awesome! We had another baptism on Saturday and have found many many people this last week to teach! Its been awesome! I have also had some new experiences this week. Like being woke up at 1 in the morning by my comp who is in a state of fear that I have never seen before! He was more scared then anything I have ever seen. He had all the lights on, and it was all because of a dream that he had had. he asked me to give him a blessing and I got cleaned up and gave him a blessing, and almost instantly A calm feeling came upon him. and he fell asleep right away. I put him to bed and turned everything off and then said a prayer. I was so thankful to be able to be worthy to be the Lords hands and mouth. I’ve seen the blessings that come from exact obedience. it is what we as missionaries have been called to do, be exactly obedient, our calling is Holy and so must then be our actions. There is so much work to do here in Inwood. I will know if I am going to stay longer here on the 20th of this month. I want to because I know that there is lots of work to do and I want this area ( which is now known as Elder Haltermans area) to be in top shape when I leave and I don't feel like it is there yet. This work is hard, and you need to put every bit of your dedication in it, and that starts with being worthy to serve. if you do that then you will be given the power to do the Lords work, but if not then you need to go back to square one and fix and prepare yourself. it is good to know that the Atonement gives ALL of us the Power to over come self doubt and past and present tribulation. The more I understand the Atonement the more I want to run through the streets and tell everyone the GOOD WORD! and the more I feel comforted when someone does not listen to us because I know that they were not yet prepared.  

I love you all so much. The time is flying by and it blows my mind! I feel like I have forgotten what life is like without doing missionary work full time, ha ha, but thats fine with me! I’ll talk to ya later! 

I’ll talk to ya'll later, Love Elder Halterman